In 2014, the World Health Assembly passed a resolution to strengthen palliative care as a component of a country’s health care system. The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA) / WHO Atlas in Palliative Care 2014, maps out national development in palliative care. In each country, patients, healthcare workers, governments, donors and other stakeholders are starting to enquire about standards of care and what indicators could be used to compare palliative care services.
This meeting oranised by Hospis Malaysia and in collaboration with the WHPCA, brings representatives from several regional and national palliative care organisations to discuss the various approaches taken to address the above topic.
We have an impressive line-up of invited speakers, as listed below:
- Dr Stephen Connor, Executive Director, Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA)
- Dr Emmanuel Luyirika, Executive Director, African Palliative Care Association (APCA)
- Dr Julie Ling, Chief Executive Officer, European Association of Palliative Care (EAPC)
- Dr Patricia Neo, Vice Chair, Singapore Hospice Council (SHC)
- Prof Jim Cleary, Director, Pain and Policies Study Group, University Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Centre (UWCCC)
- Dr Ednin Hamzah, Vice Chair, Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network (APHN)
- Dr Sylvia McCarthy, Medical Director, Hospis Malaysia (HM)
- APHN: Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Network; APCA: African Palliative Care Association; EAPC: European Association for Palliative Care; WHPCA: Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance; PPSG: Pain & Policy Studies Group
Venue & Registration Details
Auditorium, Hospis Malaysia
2, Jalan 4/96, Taman Sri Bahtera
Cheras, 56100 Kuala Lumpur
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- Cheque/postal order/money order/government local order payable to “Hospis Malaysia”
- Direct remittance to “Hospis Malaysia” to Maybank Account No: 5141 3212 1211, Cheras Branch, Taman Midah. Kindly email the bank slip to firstname.lastname@example.org for our tracking purpose.
- Overseas Telegraphic Transfer(TT) to “Hospis Malaysia” (Maybank Account No: 5141 3212 1211, Cheras Branch, Taman Midah). Swift Code: MBBEMYKL
For further information, please contact Wai Mun at 03 – 9133 3936 (ext: 267) or email email@example.com