About Us > Our Vision, Mission & Values
We aim to provide access to the highest possible quality of evidence-based palliative care to everyone in need so as to provide relief from, and prevent pain and suffering associated with progressive and life-threatening illnesses.
- Provide the best possible palliative care services to the community we serve and in so doing, improve the quality of life of our patients and their families.
- Provide the best possible education and training to healthcare professionals and equip them with necessary skills and knowledge in the practice of palliative care.
- Increase awareness about the needs of those with progressive and life-threatening illnesses.
- Value life and promote quality of life for all patients regardless of illness or stage through advocacy, education, and research.
We strongly believe in respect, compassion, and knowledge as our guiding principles in everything that we do. It is with these standards that each of us conduct our day-to-day behaviour and decision-making. Our values can be summarised with the acronym I CARE:
- Integrity – I will work openly, honestly, and treat everyone fairly. • Compassion – I will be kind, thoughtful, and show genuine interest in everyone I am in contact with including my colleagues, my patients and their families, and my supporters.
- Accountability – I will take responsibility for all my decisions and actions, and I will not blame anyone else for my mistakes.
- Respect – I will value others and recognise that the quality of my work is dependent on the entire team. I also need to recognise the diversity of others’ opinions and culture, and learn from this diversity.
- Excellence – I will strive to learn, improve, and give my best.