Support Us > Donations
Our cost of treating one patient is approximately RM500 per month or less than RM20 per day. And this will cover:
- Regular home visits by a member of our clinical team to treat and counsel the patient and family
- Drugs and medical supplies
- Loan of medical equipment (when available)
- Access to a 24 hour emergency call service
As all this is provided to our patients at no charge, we rely substantially on donations from the public to sustain our services. By making a one-time donation or pledging to donate regularly to Hospis Malaysia, you will help make a difference to the quality of life of our patients and their families.
Some patients registered with Hospis Malaysia are supported with medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators, hospital beds, ripple mattresses, syringe drivers, and other necessary equipment at absolutely no charge. Those who prefer giving in-kind donations may consider donating medical equipment for our patient’s use. Other than that, you can also donate office equipment to be used by our clinical and administrative staff.
The following is a list of some medical and office equipment needed from time to time:
- Oxygen Concentrator
- Small-sized car (nurses’ home visits)
- Desktop computer
- Desktop printer
- Photocopy machine
Take note that the list is subject to change. For any enquiries, contact email@example.com or call our Communications Department at 03-9133 3936 ext. 203/204/207 for an updated list of our equipment needs.
* In order to improve the quality of patient care, we upgraded our patient management system by developing a web-based application. This system helps ease our auditing and research processes. We have moved from recording our patient-data and assessments on paper files to a synchronised programme which can be instantly accessed by each member of the clinical team. With better documentation and easier tracking of patients’ information, the system helps to increase our efficiency in managing the care of our patients.
Your contribution to Hospis Malaysia will be supporting our work with future generations. One of the ways you can donate to us is by naming Hospis Malaysia in your will. A legacy can be done through a simple arrangement, and it promises a lasting impact. You can either pledge a fixed amount, a proportion of your estate, or a special gift. Before you make any decision, kindly talk to your financial advisor to get particular advice on this matter. If you have decided to leave a legacy to Hospis Malaysia in your will, do let us know as it could help us to plan ahead. We will assure confidentiality of your pledge and we respect that fact that it is not legally binding.
To learn more about legacies, or if you are interested to leave a legacy with Hospis Malaysia, kindly call us at +603-9133 3936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.